The Middle show  » TV  »
  • I have seen every one so far - some multiple times - so I think I have a good enough idea to write this review so far

• by mhoppal

The Middle is a new show on ABC this fall. At the time of this writing, there have been six episodes shown. I have seen every one so far - some multiple times - so I think I have a good enough idea to write this review so far.

The Middle focuses around a family in Indiana,

mainly the mom, a wed mother who works at a car dealership (”The latest job I’m too smart for”). She has a husband, daughter, and two sons which the show has taken its time to develop.

I have enjoyed the show so far. There are not many moments included that make me laugh out loud hysterically like ...

• Modern Family or Community, but rather my face gets tired watching it because I smirk through the entire thing. The writers have done a great job creating hilarious situations, especially concerning the teenage daughter in her awkward phase. I find myself relating with every character, although since the mother gets the most screen time, she is
        the most fascinating and sympathetic character on the show.

I will continue to watch The Middle, hopefully when it airs (if I remember). I hope ABC will be bringing it back next season, as I need something to take up my Wednesday nights while I wait for Glee.

The Middle airs on ABC Wednesdays at 7:30 PM central time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101211890190330/k2311a1112/11.12.09