Chevy Cobalt  » Cars  »
2.5
  • I bought this used car (one year old) after racking up the miles on my first car, a '98 Pontiac Sunfire
  • Unfortunately, 2 years later I am still missing my Pontiac, even after Pontiac is no longer in business

• by Houserel

I bought this used car (one year old) after racking up the miles on my first car, a ‘98 Pontiac Sunfire. At first I was wary of switching to a 4-door “sedan” after cruising around in my 2-door sports car.

Unfortunately, 2 years later I am still missing my Pontiac, even after Pontiac is no longer in business. My

Chevy feels cheaply made, having to replace the brakes within the first 2 years of it rolling off the line. At the time, when I questioned it, the mechanic said that he had just recently been having more Cobalts come in (built around the same time mine was), because of a particular brake part used only on the (newly ...

• introduced) Cobalts to save money. I’ve also had three separate flare ups of overheating/thermostat problems.

The gas mileage is a fairly good trait, especially for a well-sized car, at about 26 mpg. It is considerably roomy without feeling like a boat at all. The interior is nicely designed. I miss the middle console of my Pontiac between the front seats-

there is little storage for putting extra “junk”. I also miss the feature that allowed me to open the trunk from the backseat, which the Cobalt does not have. Glove compartment is also quite small, even when only stuffed with papers for the car (insurance, reg., manual)- but I guess that’s understandable considering all the repair receipts I’ve accumulated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9811888711030/k2311a118/11.8.09