ELF Earth and Water Mascara Duo  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • When it took it out, the first thing that I noticed was that the brush was very small, and when I actually put it on my lashes, it just clumped them all into about five eyelashes

• by Joelle

ELF has some really great products, but the Earth and Water Mascara Duo is not one of them. I really needed a waterproof mascara for summer, and was really excited when I saw that they sold one that had normal mascara on one side, and then waterproof on the other, for me that mean less time and space that it took up. Sadly however, I am still looking for a good one because this one was absolutely awful. Eyes Lips Face can make a lot of great products, but they cannot make a good mascara yet. But, seeing the rest of

their products, they probably will have one soon.

This is the clumpiest mascara that I have every used. When it took it out, the first thing that I noticed was that the brush was very small, and when I actually put it on my lashes, it just clumped them all into about five eyelashes. I tried to separate them, curl them, and everything that I could, but they were still clumpy. Finally, I just took it off, took another mascara brush, and put it back on again. This time it clumped less, but it was a nuisance to have to use another ...

• brush. Then, I had to find a way to clean it, because it was so clumpy and think in the brush, I t was almost impossible to clean. By the end, my hands were stained black, and so was the bathroom sink. It was very annoying, and equally hard to remove it off the porcelain white sink.

This is mascara that flakes terribly. Throughout the day, it will shed onto your cheeks and temples. If you touch your eyes, you will get a powder of black dried mascara all over them. By the end of the day you will look like a

raccoon whenever you use this. I luckily noticed the flaking before I left in the morning and took it off, reverting to my old mascara, but trust me, that wasn’t easy either.

The waterproof mascara only does one thing well, and that is stay on your lashes. Even after a ton of makeup remover pads, a ton of water, soap, and a washcloth, it was still slightly smudged on my cheeks, and a few clumps were clinging desperately to my lashes. I will not be buying this product again, it is too much of a nuisance, and isn’t even worth its one dollar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31711888640530/k2311a117/11.7.09