The Ergo Baby Carrier  » Baby care  »
  • This is the best carrier I have ever used with a baby
  • What I love about it is how long it can be used with a baby and how it looks
  • I paid over $100 for this, but when she was between 6 months and 1 year I used it every time I went out and now when we do not want to use a stroller we still pull it out and will for the next year or so

• by duckfan

This is the best carrier I have ever used with a baby. I was a nanny for 15 years and have tried the bjorn, slings, the mei tei and all of the other brand carriers you can get at target. What I love about it is how long it can be used with a baby and how it looks. I do not think this is the sleekest or cutest carrier on the market. I think it looks a lot like a back pack.

The reason I do like its looks is that men will wear it. It is by far the most masculine looking carrier out there and almost every dad will wear it. When we owned other carriers I had to beg my husband to wear

them. This one he never minded wearing.

It comes in colors like black and khaki guaranteed to please any man. The design of this is much easier to use than other carriers. It basically straps on like a backpack. You pull the straps and snap the straps just like with a backpack.

My husband could never figure out the bjorn or other carriers, but he can put this one on by himself. This carrier has the ability to carry babies on either the front or the back. When your baby is an infant you carry them on the front, and later you can carry them on your back. When my 2 year old is on my back I cannot feel it.

I will be ...

• able to use this carrier until she is 40 pounds. I paid over $100 for this, but when she was between 6 months and 1 year I used it every time I went out and now when we do not want to use a stroller we still pull it out and will for the next year or so. I highly recommend this to anyone. It is so worthwhile spending the extra money to get something that will not hurt your back after a few months of use.

I am a small woman and cannot carry a baby over 15 pounds in any other carrier without pain, this one distribute the weight really well. I have washed mine several times and it looks exactly as it did before.

The colors they make the ergo in do not fade easily. This is a larger carrier and will not fit in a purse or diaper bag and you will need to wash it by itself.

When you use this with an infant you will either need to buy the infant insert or roll up a towel or blanket which may make some uncomfortable. When I have my next child I will not hesitate to use this with an infant and will most likely just use a towel to make it fit. The pros of the Ergo: comes with a pocket that can hold keys & diapers. very easy to put on.

comes in many colors. your husband will use it. can be used from birth to 40lbs. washes very well.

great resell value.

the cons: expensive. requires either the infant insert or a rolled up towel for little babies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54711888350530/k2311a117/11.7.09