Batman: The Bookworm Turns  » TV  »
2.5
  • This leads to a couple interesting fights, including a cute scene where he insists the bad guys take off their glasses because it is wrong to hit someone who is wearing them
  • If you have a quiet afternoon and come across this, I would recommend taking the time to watch it

• by Steve

I had the house to myself for a bit yesterday and found myself watching an old Batman television episode; “The Bookworm Turns. ” This isn’t my favorite 1960s TV program but it is good for a few laughs and I will admit the episode was somewhat interesting.

Basically, you have the Bookworm (played by Roddy McDowall)

faking Commissioner Gordon’s assassination in an effort to draw Batman out of hiding so he can attempt to kill the superhero instead.

This leads to a couple interesting fights, including a cute scene where he insists the bad guys take off their glasses because it is wrong to hit someone who is wearing them.

As ...

• far as action goes, this episode didn’t have any more than any other Batman episode and the action was a bit on the lame side.

But, it did prove to be an entertaining way to spend some time while waiting for my wife and kids to get back from the store.

My favorite part had

to be the fact Batman actually has a pick up service on call to get the Batmobile’s parachute whenever it is deployed.

I wonder how much that service costs.

If you have a quiet afternoon and come across this, I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

Assuming, of course, there isn’t anything better on TV at the time it’s on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10611887740830/k2311a116/11.6.09