Rowenta First Class Travel Iron DA-1560
  • To be honest, it looked like the best quality and the least heavy of all my options, so I bought this and took it home to try it out
  • Not long after I bought this iron, I went on my first trip
  • I loved how lightweight and convenient this iron is, and I enjoyed the peace of mind knowing that I didn’t have to cross my fingers when taking out the hotel’s iron for the first time, hoping it would not be a piece of crap
  • I would highly recommend the Rowenta First Class Travel Iron DA-1560 for anyone who travels and irons

• by Jessie Bahrey

I detest traveling and finding a poor quality iron in my hotel room if I have to go to an important meeting or function where I need to look professional and put-together. I don’t always stay in five-star hotels, but it seems to me that no matter how nice the hotel is, the quality of the iron varies widely. I got so tired of trying to iron my clothes with dirty, old and non-functioning irons while traveling that I went look for a traveling iron. I went to a department store, and the first compact travel iron I spotted was the Rowenta First Class Travel Iron DA-1560, for just under $50. At this point, I had wished I had done a

bit of homework on irons, because I felt like I didn’t really know what features I needed, but on the box, I read about it. The display model that was out of the box showed me that this iron was a nice-looking, small iron. But other than the appearance and size, I relied on what the box told me about it. It has dual voltage, which means that it has two heating elements, 120 volts or 240 volts, and both are equally powerful. Another feature is that the steam output is 45g/min, and has a precision tip to allow easy ironing around pockets and buttons. It has a sole plate with 200 micro holes that allows well-distributed steam. The wattage is ...

• 1000W, and an off/on indicator switch. But of course, all of these features really don’t mean a lot to me, and I had to try it out for myself, before any of these things have any meaning. To be honest, it looked like the best quality and the least heavy of all my options, so I bought this and took it home to try it out.

When I opened the box, I saw that there was a carrying pouch, which is great for traveling. I plugged it in and tried it out by ironing one of my husband’s shirts. Here are my observations:

-It is lightweight and easy to use.

-I was able to maneuver it around collars, buttons, seams and pleats easily.

-There

is as much steam as my regular iron, and it is evenly distributed.

-Both the 120 volt and 240 volt settings are powerful.

-It heats up and cools down quickly.

Not long after I bought this iron, I went on my first trip. I loved how lightweight and convenient this iron is, and I enjoyed the peace of mind knowing that I didn’t have to cross my fingers when taking out the hotel’s iron for the first time, hoping it would not be a piece of crap. I have since taken this iron on several trips, and I simply love it. I don’t know what I did without it. I would highly recommend the Rowenta First Class Travel Iron DA-1560 for anyone who travels and irons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16611887470830/k2311a116/11.6.09