Sun Chips - Harvest Cheddar
  • This is not a flavor variety that I purchase regularly, but I would definitely recommend these chips to those that love cheddar and chips

• by GenesisOne

Sun Chips - Harvest Cheddar are a healthier alternative to potato chips and they are a tasty alternative, too. While this particular variety is not my favorite or even my second favorite of the Sun Chips line, I have purchased these every now and then and I do enjoy them.

Cheddar is not a cheese that I reach for when it comes to burgers or salads, but, I do find the

flavor pleasant and sharper than several of the other cheeses that I tend to enjoy.

Somewhat sharp yet quite rich in cheddar flavor is how I would describe these chips.

The moment I place the chip in my mouth, before I even take a bite, my tongue is drenched in cheddar flavor.

Then, when I start chewing, more flavor is unleashed.

These chips are crunchier and firmer than typical potato chips ...

• and they are designed with ridges.

This means if I were to dip one of these chips in a sauce or spread some dip on the chip, the dip or the sauce would not drip off the left or right sides of the chip.

This makes these chips great for dipping - but dipping is most certainly not necessary because there is a lot of cheddar flavor present across and inside

this chip to give this chip a whole lot of flavor! These are fun to just munch on, have with a sandwich or whatever and it makes for smarter and healthier choice compared to potato chips because it is loaded with whole grains and fiber and light on the saturated fat.

This is not a flavor variety that I purchase regularly, but I would definitely recommend these chips to those that love cheddar and chips!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27611887290730/k2311a116/11.6.09