Acnefree Skin Clear Skin System  » Health  »
  • I bought the acne free set at the drugstore after having used procactiv for a few months
  • This set has the same problem a lot of acne medications have
  • I do recommend this product because I think it will work well for a lot of people
  • I cannot use this set, but I know of many people who have had great success with it

• by duckfan

I bought the acne free set at the drugstore after having used procactiv for a few months. This kit was a lot cheaper and I did not have to pay for shipping and handling.

At the time I used this product I was used to proactiv so my comparisons are based on that. This set has the same problem a lot of acne medications have. in order to dry up acne it strips the skin of moisture leaving your skin clearer but much dryer. When I used this product I had a lot of burning and my skin

was often red. i had to apply moisturizer all the time to balance my skin out but when I did that it got oily and the acne would not clear up as quickly. I eventually gave up on this product two thirds of the way through my kit and made my husband use it. I just paid the extra money and went back to proactiv. This product is meant to be close to proactiv but it was not close enough for me.

This product does clear skin up and keep acne away but it is not the same as proactiv at all. It is very close, but proactiv works better and nothing can compete with their refining mask. This set does not come with anything that will dry up acne over night like pro activ does. I loathe the smell of the pro activ mask but it works better than anything I have ever used and I was really hoping this set would work like that.

This kit comes with three products, that all smell equally as bad. I do not like the smell with this product at all. it smells like sulfur much like proactiv.

• Acnefree Skin Clear Skin System
      The smell is very hard for me to take and the smell lasts a long time.

I experienced more dry skin with this product than with proactiv. When I used proactiv I did not have dryness around the mouth and nose area but this did that for me. I ended up being able to only use the cleanser because using all three products was too drying for my skin and it always felt dry and itchy which it did not with proactiv.

I do recommend this product because I think it will work well for a lot

of people. It worked better than oxy or clearasil for me but if you can afford it I would try proactiv before this kit. There is nothing wrong with this kit except that it is very harsh. If you have really oily skin this may be exactly what you need. I cannot use this set, but I know of many people who have had great success with it.

the pros of this product: will not leave your skin oily.

will dry up acne.

is much cheaper than prescriptions and proactiv.

can be found at all drugstores.

the cons: very drying to skin.

burns around eyes and mouth.

causing dry skin patches and flaking.

smells awful.

will stain linens and clothing.

Suresh Chandra says :

re : I bought the acne free set at the drugstore after having used procactiv for a few months
It is a good products

Kristine says :

re : I cannot use this set, but I know of many people who have had great success with it
I have used the AcneFree system before and it is much easier to deal with than Proactiv.
It is 3 steps and doesn’t constantly get you to buy more and more products to get your skin to be clear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34611887170730/k2311a116/11.6.09