Moka Gold Swatch AG 2000 Watch  » Watches  »
  • At that moment, I don’t know yet what kind of watch I want, but I know very well where I could find a selection of watches—Gift Gate
  • I think it could be used per se, when the watch no longer works, though I’m not wishing for it to happen

• by carpediem

The Moka Gold Swatch AG 2000 was my belated high school graduation gift from my mother. It was already second semester in my first year in a university, when my mother took me to the mall; I was told I could have a watch of my choice. At that moment, I don’t know yet what kind of watch I want, but I know very well where I could find a selection of watches—Gift Gate. There I had found Swatch watches on sale. Everything looked nice, especially in proximity. Moka Gold Swatch AG 2000 put an end for an abrupt decision. The impending possession of Swatch watch

was almost deterred, because it is too large for my wrist. To my relief, the staff removed some metal from the strap—later, I went home with a new accessory on my wrist.

The color and structure of the strap of Moka Gold Swatch AG 2000 stood out; hence, I disregard other watches. The main color of the strap is a variation of gold and mocha. The interconnected metals move apart when I put it on and retract when the watch has settled on my wrist. Due to this structure, I could easily wear it: I don’t wear this watch like I’m securing pants with a belt.

The ...

• face of the watch, though no matter how simple it is, makes the watch a truly special gift to the lucky recipient. There is only one small knob, which I’ve used to set the time. The face is made of transparent plastic; at the back I can see clearly the peewee mechanisms relentlessly working. The number 3 is so conspicuous beside small and medium bars, systematically arranged to represent specific numbers.

The battery was replaced several times, other than that Moka Gold Swatch AG 2000 didn’t need any repair; even though it was inadvertently washed along with the dirty clothes. Water wasn’t able to infiltrate and destroy

its innards.

Through the years, the watch obtained signs of old age and lengthy use. The transparency has become yellowish almost resembling the color of the strap. And the part connecting the strap are chipped, if it continues the strap will be detached—my wristwatch would instantly turn into a pocket watch, as if going back in time. Whereas, the moka gold strap hardly change at all; I think it could be used per se, when the watch no longer works, though I’m not wishing for it to happen. Occasionally, my sister uses my ever-reliable watch. Till how long can it stand the test of time? Only time can tell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 64611887120130/k2311a116/11.6.09