Excedrin Migraine
2.5
  • As time went on I found that I needed to take more of this medication in order to feel pain relief
  • Upon speaking with a headache specialist, I learned that this medication was actually a contributing factor to my problem
  • If you do decide to use this medication, be sure to use only as directed to avoid rebound headaches

• by Lynn Moll

I suffer from severe daily migraines and started taking Excedrin Migraine to help relieve pain that is associated with my migraines.

When I first stared taking this over-the-counter medication, I would take two tablets, as suggested on the package about once a day and within thirty minutes, I would notice pain relief! As time went on I found that I needed to

take more of this medication in order to feel pain relief. At one point I was taking about six to eight doses per day.

I got to a point where I would never feel any pain relief, so I was referred to a neurologist for further testing to try to find the source of my severe migraine pain. Upon speaking with a ...

• headache specialist, I learned that this medication was actually a contributing factor to my problem!

While I have a problem with migraines, this medication was actually causing me more pain. The specialist explained that if anyone takes more than two pills a day for more than two to three times per week, this medication actually causes rebound headaches.

I needed to discontinue use and

start prescription strength pain reliever and also was required to start taking medications as a precautionary measure.

While this medication does work if used exactly as directed and not more that two to three times a week, it can actually make your headaches worse! If you do decide to use this medication, be sure to use only as directed to avoid rebound headaches!

Excedrin Migraine

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26611887010130/k2311a116/11.6.09