Revlon Colorsilk 30 Dark Brown
  • I started my search by trying out all kinds of hair dyes that ended up damaging my hair, and these products cost more than I had planned to spend
  • What I love most about this product is the conditioner
  • I noticed that after the first wash some of the color had rinsed away because I was able to see some of the gray again around my temples
  • So I learned how to deal with the minimal amounts of graying that comes through between colorings

• by BreezeWriter

I am constantly coloring my hair that is graying around the temples, because I want to look as youthful as I can. I needed a product that was inexpensive, that could be used at home to accommodate my being on a tight budget. I needed a hair dye that would not dry out my hair, nor cause it to look brassy or fried in any way.

I started my search by trying out all kinds of hair dyes that ended up damaging my hair, and these products cost more than I had planned to spend. When I tried Revlon’s Color

Silk 30 Dark Brown, I basically found what I was looking for.

Color Silk lives up to its name by adequately coloring my hair and also leaving it silky and in better condition than when I started. Revlon’s Color Silk doesn’t have that hard ammonia smell that a lot of other hair dyes have, plus the color matches up almost exactly to the shade on the box.

Even when I had blond or red hair, I was able to apply 30 Dark Brown right on top of the old colors without bleaching or using an uncoloring system on my hair. This ...

• has saved me the time and expense of getting a corrective coloring, and it completely covered the previous shades.

What I love most about this product is the conditioner. It makes my hair truly soft and manageable as if I went to a hair salon and had my hair professionally washed and set.

The price for the hair dye is right, since it costs under $5 in most retail outlets, and I could not find a hair dye any cheaper than that offering all the qualities this product has to offer. The only downfall about Revlon’s Color silk is that it doesn’t

completely cover gray at 100% as promised on the box.

The coverage does not last until the next application. I noticed that after the first wash some of the color had rinsed away because I was able to see some of the gray again around my temples.

The good thing about this hair dye is that it is safe enough on my hair that I can apply it every other week and still have great results. So I learned how to deal with the minimal amounts of graying that comes through between colorings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31611886710130/k2311a116/11.6.09