Portofino Italian Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
38-40 Marsh Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 1JD
  • I have had two fantastic meals at Portofino Italian restaurant in Hanley and I would wholly recommend this place
  • On my last visit, I ordered a starter, or antipasti as they call it, which was a salad of avocado, mozeralla, tomato and basil and it cost £6.75
  • The cuisine is cooked to a very high standard in my opinion

• by jeanne71

I have had two fantastic meals at Portofino Italian restaurant in Hanley and I would wholly recommend this place. Authentic Italian waiters with small bottoms serve authentic Italian cuisine from a la carte menus or set menus, such as Sunday lunch. I went for an evening meal there not too long ago.

The décor is tasteful and basic which is probably akin to Italian restaurants actually in Italy, and the lighting

is rather bright. I am a vegetarian and although there was not an enormous choice, because I basically love pasta, pizza and salad I could easily find something that sounded mouthwatering to eat.

On my last visit, I ordered a starter, or antipasti as they call it, which was a salad of avocado, mozeralla, tomato and basil and it cost £6. 75.

Expensive for a starter maybe but a) I was not ...

• paying, my friend paid and b) it was beautiful and c) it was so substantial I wondered if I would manage the main course. For the main course I ordered tagliatelle with spinach and blue cheese sauce which was very rich, absolutely beautiful and this cost £7.

55.

I left this place completely full.

The cuisine is cooked to a very high standard in my opinion. I make pasta for myself

at home and if only I could get close to the dishes that Portofino make.

They are obviously passionate about their food. The prices are fair considering the food is of high qualaity.

I am just slightly embarrassed because I had a bit too much wine to drink and grabbed the plastic flower out of the vase and put it behind my ear before leaving. You should have seen the waiter’s face!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7611886661230/k2311a116/11.6.09