Basil Pesto Recipe
  • I love this variation of the fabulous pesto recipe that many homes and restaurants use
  • I think that it is worth giving pesto another try by thinking outside the box
  • I like this particular recipe and recommend it for the health and nutrition conscious people who are trying to lose weight ,like me

• by The Critique Cricket

I love this variation of the fabulous pesto recipe that many homes and restaurants use. This recipe is a simple tasty variation from the common pesto recipe. I think that it is worth giving pesto another try by thinking outside the box. Most versions of pesto call for cashews or pine nuts. My favorite variation is the one made with peanuts. First though, I have to share with

you the most common pesto recipe and then add the variations in so you can understand the change in the recipe and how it will affect you and your guests.

The basic pesto recipe is 1 Tablspoon of cashews and/or pine nuts; 3/4 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves; 2 cloves garlic; 3/4 cup parmesan, finely grated; 2 cups plus two tablespoon olive oil salt to taste; and 3 tablespoon ...

• butter.

Replace the nuts with peanuts or peanut brittle and use 3/4 cup of homemade farmers cheese instead of the 3/4 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese. Put the farmers cheese in a sauce pan and melt down as you would for a cheese sauce, add all the basil and other herbs and then add your peanuts, crushed, mashed or whole.

I think that this is a much creamier version and

I think it tastes wonderful. If you need to offset the taste of the cheese, you can add a teaspoon of sugar. This is less in calories in addition to being less expensive due to the exclusion of the paremsan cheese and by using less expensive nuts. I like this particular recipe and recommend it for the health and nutrition conscious people who are trying to lose weight ,like me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49611886571230/k2311a116/11.6.09