Olay skin adapt cleansing milk  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was in fact first attracted by its purple bluish packaging which was why I bought it
  • In addition, the product was contained in a light blue plastic bottle which seemed a convenient packaging and not heavy to bring around
  • My skin type definitely fits the bill - with some oily areas around the nose and the mouth mostly and the rest, normal
  • I thought this would be appropriate for my skin type
  • I would not hesitate to buy this product again and would gladly recommend it to anyone seeking a new facial cleanser to try

• by bethbarl

I wear make-up everyday and making sure that my skin is well cleaned every night is part of my beauty regimen. I also love trying new facial cleansing products so when I saw the (new) Olay skin adapt cleansing milk in the supermarket, I did not hesitate to pick it up. I was in fact first attracted by its purple bluish packaging which was why I bought it. In addition, the product was contained in a light blue plastic bottle which seemed a convenient packaging and not heavy to bring around. Later, while reading

the label, I saw that this facial cleanser is good or suitable for combination skins. So, I decided to try it.

My skin type definitely fits the bill - with some oily areas around the nose and the mouth mostly and the rest, normal. I thought this would be appropriate for my skin type.

The cleansing milk has a light scent which I found pleasant. It certainly made me feel I am using something on my face. If it were odorless, I probably would not like it as I love scented products, even on facial ...

• cleansers.

The cleansing milk which is just of the right consistency not too thick nor too watery was easily dispensed from the bottle. A few squirts of this product on cotton or kleenex was what I used to clean my facial area. I usually used a bit more to include cleaning the neck area. I felt that its cleansing action was effective when I saw how much make-up was removed on the first wipe. I normally used a second wiping to make sure that every trace of make-up was removed (not much though).

As it is

quite light on the skin, I did not feel any heavy greasiness at all on the face nor did not feel any allergic or stinging effects. I always followed it up by rinsing my face with water. My skin felt definitely squeaky without that dryness/tightening associated with it.

My verdict - this product does what it is supposed to do, effectively remove make-up and make the skin clean without drying it. I would not hesitate to buy this product again and would gladly recommend it to anyone seeking a new facial cleanser to try.

Christa G ldenpfennig says :

I am so thrilled with the Olay skin adapt cleansing milk , but can lately not find the product in any store I tried in Pretoria (including a wide range of stores such as Checkers, Pick a Pay, Dischem, Clicks etc.). All that seems to be available is the face wash which I do not wish to use. Can you help me please? I am really desperate.

Galega says :

Olay Skin adapt Cleansing Milk has been discontinued and you are unlikely to find it anymore. I would suggest you to try Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser, which has same effect.

Sumari Snyman says :

I also have the same problem. I have always had skin problems and I have always used expensive skin products to help clear my skin. I ran out of face wash and I depserately looked through my mother’s skin products and found Olay’s skin adapt cleansing milk. After using it for a week, my skin started clearing, by a month my skin was flawless. I was so impressed but I cannot find the product anywhere. I would also like a suggestion of stores that sell this amazing product

Sumari Snyman says :

I phoned Olay’s consumer helpline and the skin adapt milk cleanser range has been discontinued. However, if more consumers contact them with enquiries and good reviews of the product, the range may be brought back in the future. The customer careline number is 0860 112 188

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31611886501230/k2311a116/11.6.09