Silk Air
  • The are connecting but the most convenient is thru Silk Air which flies via Singapore
  • Being the subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, I had enormous expectations because I have flown with Singapore Airlines lots of times and my experience was something that I always treasure
  • I would say that I was a bit disappointed
  • I think this is one of the things that should win our trust
  • The pastries that we ate were fresh, delicious and tasty

• by desmond

This airline is wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The regional wing of Singapore Airlines servicing those smaller Asian cities which Singapore Airlines has no direct flight. There is no direct flight to Phnom Penh. The are connecting but the most convenient is thru Silk Air which flies via Singapore. Being the subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, I had enormous expectations because I have flown with Singapore Airlines lots of times and my experience was something that I always treasure.

Let me begin with the price. There are alternative flights to Cambodia from the Philippines, like Air Asia but the price of Silk Air was expensive compared to other airlines. I suppose being the regional wing, it is also the budget airline of Singapore Airlines.

I had lots of expectations regarding the cabin. I would say that I was a bit disappointed. Given its price which is more expensive than the rest of the budget airlines, I had expectations wherein I was hoping I would not see any single flaw. Sadly, the seat that I was assigned was not in good condition. The handles at the side which are for your arms was broken, the cushion was okay but my experience was not. In terms of providing comfort with regard to their seat, I would

say it is passing for me however, they need to repair some of the things that are included on it. A single flaw like that can alter your experience. The seat pinch was all right and the headrest was good too. Seat belt was in good condition. The legroom was not big, gladly the flights they usually serve were around 2-3 hours, but whether its a short haul or long haul flight, it is important for me to afford always convenience and comfort to the passenger all the time.

In choosing an airline, always check its track record too in terms of airline disasters. I think this is one of the things that should win our trust. Well, this airline has a low airline accident count. The last time I have heard of it was in 1997. I think they are pretty safe in terms of these aspect.

I availed of their internet check-in and I would say that it was convenient. I judge the airline’s online check-in ability on the hassle-free steps they provide online. Now for a person who has a lot of things in his or her mind because of work or a lot of things to do ahead of him, a working website which is no complicated is very ...

• helpful. I have tried online check-in with other websites but it really was awful. I have to click “back button” again and again because it was not user-friendly. The good thing with Silk Air’s online check is the quick and no irritating inconvenience.

Customer service was excellent in general however I would opt consistency in all of the flight attendants. Let me begin from the ground attendants who ushered us to the plane and those who directed me to what gate shall I proceed. They were very kind and helpful. I was delighted to experienced them. They never failed to show courtesy in almost all the time. They were snappy and proficient. Inside the cabin, most of the flight attendants were very helpful too. Most of them had smiled tucked in their face whenever they look at the passengers and greet us. When I entered the plane, it was almost all of them greeted me with smile on their faces. While waiting for the plane to take off, I was listening to my Ipod, when we were about to take off, this flight attendant was so snob and was even so unfavorable, she just waved a sign language to shut my Ipod off because the plane was about to take off. It

was a bit rude, she could have nudge me lightly and instruct me to take it off. It is important to me that a flight attendant must always see to it that the comfort and convenience of the passengers are what is important. That includes ensuring that passengers will have memorable experience during the flight.

The food was excellent. We only had refreshment because ours were a short haul flight. Still the quality of the food served should not be sacrificed. After all, this is still part of what you are paying and most importantly, part of your trip. The pastries that we ate were fresh, delicious and tasty. I was satisfied with the flavor. The beverage were above ordinary. I also like the presentation in terms of their utensils. It was clean and new. Service during mealtime was splendid. It was quick and very satisfying.

In terms of entertainment on board, theirs is not impressive. Silk Air’s entertainment package is similar to the Asian destination of Philippine Airlines wherein you share a common TV screen. It was tiring to be staring up not to mention inconvenient. This type of entertainment is below average for me. What about if you want to go to the lavatory how will you pause it? This is not impressive.

Silk Air
    Khin Su Yee says :

Dear Sir, I bought round ticket from Yangon -singapore valid till 14.07.2010. now i want to go back to yangon. so how can i book on line ? my ticket no is.629 21009 62671 6 i arrived in singapore on 15th Apr. Looking forward to your reply. Best Regards, Khin Su Yee

Marg says :

You should go here to do bookings:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40611886401230/k2311a116/11.6.09