Melatonin
1.0
  • I found a small bottle of Melatonin tablets at the drugstore, and I chose the Nature Made brand because it was the least expensive

• by mariekay

I have tried so many different medications to combat my insomnia,from over-the-counter medications to prescriptions, and none have been totally satisfactory for me. A friend recommended that I try Melatonin, a dietary supplement, so I figured I would give it a try.

I found a small bottle of Melatonin tablets at the drugstore, and I chose the “Nature Made” brand because

it was the least expensive. Each tablet was 3 mg, and the label says to take 1 tablet before bedtime to help promote sleep.

So, that night I took 1 tablet and went to bed. I didn’t notice that I felt tired, and I had a hard time falling asleep. I was tempted to take another tablet, but I ...

• didn’t. I tossed and turned all night, and woke up several times. The supplement seemed to do nothing for me.

The next night I got brave and took 2 tablets. The label said the product was all-natural so I figured it couldn’t be harmful. Even after 2 tablets I got no results. These seemed to have no

effect on me whatsoever.

Maybe they work for people who have very mild insomnia. My friends all seem to swear by them, but they did nothing for me whatsoever. I consider the purchase a waste of money. I won’t bother taking the supplement anymore and will continue on my search for something that will help me get a good night’s sleep.

Melatonin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26511886280230/k2311a115/11.5.09