Fisher Price Sound and Lights Baby Monitor
  • If my husband is watching tv loudly I know that I will not miss the baby crying as I can see the lights even if I cannot hear it
  • Static is common with monitors so I do not consider it a flaw
  • If you live in a high rise the interference may be very annoying but for most people the amount of static and interference is minimal and not a problem at all

• by duckfan

We bought the fisher price sound and light monitor before my daughter was born. At the time I had not researched baby monitors but I had a rough idea of what I wanted. I knew I wanted one that plugged in and could also be used with batteries as well as one with volume control and a light display. This monitor had all of those features and was mid priced so I figured it was worth a shot.

At $27 dollars for one handheld receiver or $37 for two receivers it is a reasonably priced item. This monitor has a nightlight on the children’s end which works very well. You push the button and it lights up.

We almost never use that feature but others may

enjoy it. The monitor has lights on it that go up and down as the baby is crying. What makes this model different from other movies is that the newest model has lights on both sides so that you can see if your baby is crying even if you cannot hear it.

I can not emphasize how much I use this feature. If my husband is watching tv loudly I know that I will not miss the baby crying as I can see the lights even if I cannot hear it. I also turn down the volume when I am on the phone and just watch the lights.

The range on this unit is great. I can walk to my mailbox all the way ...

• down my driveway and still hear the baby on the parent’s unit. I have walked around my yard with it and have never not been able to not hear my baby.

I have never gone off of my property with my monitor so I cannot tell you if you can go to a neighbor’s house but I can tell you that you may go down two flights of stairs including into a garage or basement and still receive a very clear signal on the monitor. What you may not like about this monitor is that if you chose to use it with batteries it will go through batteries pretty quickly. I tend to use mine with the included adapter and just plug it in.

One concern

with monitors is interference and static. I have used my monitor in two different homes. When we lived far from neighbors I had no interference or static on the monitor.

When I lived next to an apartment building I had a lot of static if I used it at the end of the house near the apartments only. When used far from the apartments I had very little interference or static. Static is common with monitors so I do not consider it a flaw.

For most people this is a perfect monitor. I would suggest this model to anyone. If you live in a high rise the interference may be very annoying but for most people the amount of static and interference is minimal and not a problem at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54511886250230/k2311a115/11.5.09