Bissel Pro Heat Clear View Deep Cleaner
  • I thought I would just snap some parts on, but no you will be screwing some parts together and expect a minimum of half an hour to get this up and ready
  • I found it very easy to remove and replace both the clean and dirty water tank but I hate emptying the dirty water tank
  • I think a different shaped one would be a lot easier to use
  • I know that I have listed more cons than pros, but I do like my machine
  • I do recommend it to others looking for a steam cleaner

• by duckmama

The Bissel Pro Heat Clear View Home Carpet Steamer is a must have product if you have kids or pets. We bought a carpet steamer because I got tired of scrubbing my carpets. We bought this one without reading any reviews. It came with attachments and I liked what the box said about it.

All steam cleaners require hot water to work. You remove the tank and fill it from your tap with hot water. What this model does differently is that once you add the hot water it actually makes it hotter by 25 degrees through a built in heater. This model comes with a couple of attachments to clean upholstery and stairs but ours do not work nearly as

well as the main unit.

One thing about this model and other steam cleaners I did not realize is that there really is some assembly required. The box made some mention of it, but I did not realize how difficult it would be. I thought I would just snap some parts on, but no you will be screwing some parts together and expect a minimum of half an hour to get this up and ready.

The way this cleaner works is you fill the tank with water and push down to spray.

When you go back over the same section it sucks up the water it just sprayed.

You will need to go over the same section over and over again to get the water ...

• up. If you leave it wet it will grow mildew and mold The steam cleaner also comes with a special tank for collection of the dirty water. I found it very easy to remove and replace both the clean and dirty water tank but I hate emptying the dirty water tank. The dirty tank will be full of foul smelling water that needs to be dumped. I find the shape of the tank to be difficult to get clean. Because it smells so much you need to empty the tank as soon as you are done and get the tank really clean. I think a different shaped one would be a lot easier to use.

The pros: *easy to

use, just push and spray.

*does a great job of removing embedded dirt.

*comes with several attachments.

*really does get carpets clean.

The cons: *the cord is shorter than I like.

*needs a cord rewind. It is tough to wind a cord while kneeling on wet carpet.

*the attachments do not work as well as the main unit.

*collection tank is messy to empty and clean.

* this model is very heavy to push and even heavier to carry.

I know that I have listed more cons than pros, but I do like my machine. I do recommend it to others looking for a steam cleaner. It does a great job on floors, an ok job on upholstery but overall it is a good item to have. I use mine once a month and overall I will buy this model again when mine breaks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53511886230230/k2311a115/11.5.09