Kroger Apple Cinnamon Toasted Oats  » Food  »
1.5
  • The reason that this was a one time purchase for me was I was disappointed in the apple cinnamon flavor
  • Unfortunately, the cereal lacks what I would consider a rich and delicious apple cinnamon combination flavor and instead only offers a decent degree of flavor
  • With all the great cereals on the market that I found over the years, I have no need to settle for decent cereals any longer

• by GenesisOne

Kroger Apple Cinnamon Toasted Oats is a cereal that I only purchased once and I likely will not purchase again. The reason that this was a one time purchase for me was I was disappointed in the apple cinnamon flavor.

Maybe I was expecting too much from this cereal, since it is after all modeled after Kellogg’s Apple Jacks and that

is a cereal that I tried once and found to be rather dull in flavor, too.

However, I feel that Kroger sometimes succeeds in improving upon what the name brand offers.

For example, the Kroger Honey Nut Toasted Oats are superior to the General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios, so I figured that I would give this apple cinnamon cereal a try ...

• and see.

Unfortunately, the cereal lacks what I would consider a rich and delicious apple cinnamon combination flavor and instead only offers a decent degree of flavor.

With all the great cereals on the market that I found over the years, I have no need to settle for decent cereals any longer.

Decent just is not good enough.

I will say

that compared to Kellogg’s version of this cereal, the Kroger cereal is most certainly crunchier, and that is a definite plus.

This helps to keep the cereal more solid and prevent if from becoming overly soft real quickly when milk is added.

The pleasant texture of this cereal though is not enough to win me over and warrant additional purchases of this cereal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27411885580630/k2311a114/11.4.09