Cedarlane Roasted Chile Relleno  » Food  »
  • While I found the pepper to be tasty and the combination of cheeses and cilantro to be enjoyable and rich, just the opposite was true of the onions and eggs
  • I was disappointed because I enjoy eggs and peppers, and that is part of the reason I thought that I would enjoy this dinner

• by GenesisOne

I have never had Relleno before, so I had no idea whether I would enjoy it or not when I purchased it. However, it sounded good, and since I am usually pretty satisfied with the frozen meals that this company makes, I figured I would give it a try.

It is the only way to discover new favorites, after all.

Cedarlane Roasted Chile Relleno is, however,

not a meal that joined my list of favorite or even decent dinner meals.

While I found the pepper to be tasty and the combination of cheeses and cilantro to be enjoyable and rich, just the opposite was true of the onions and eggs.

The onions I had a difficult time finding and tasting and the eggs were on the blah side.

I do not know ...

• if the flavor from the pepper, cheeses and the thick sauce that covers it all were just too strong and thus made the eggs tough to taste because there were just too many flavors at work or if the eggs simply lacked flavor to begin with.

would enjoy this dinner.

However, all that I really tasted was the pepper and the cheeses.

I did not detect any seasoning in the sauce and really to me it tasted like a drab marinara sauce.

This meal also was not quite as filling as several of the other frozen meals that I have had from this company.

For these reasons, I will not purchase this frozen dinner again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27411885570630/k2311a114/11.4.09