Fearne and Peaches Geldof  » TV  »
  • I was interested to watch this as personally I have not found Peaches Geldof to be a very likeable person somehow, despite the fact that I love her parents, the late Paula Yates and Bob Geldof
  • The way Peaches acted has done nothing to improve her image in my opinion and she did not really seem bothered about it
  • I found Peaches to be like a sulky teenager and I cannot help thinking that Fearne was more disillusioned with her than she admitted

• by jeanne71

Fearne and…Peaches Geldof is the second in the three part television series where Fearne Cotton trails a famous ‘it’ girl to see what their lives are really like. I was interested to watch this as personally I have not found Peaches Geldof to be a very likeable person somehow, despite the fact that I love her parents, the late Paula Yates and Bob Geldof.

I am old enough to remember when Peaches was first born but to me she seemed to grow up into a rather precocious girl who seemed to be lacking in substance.

I am not saying that

her mother was necessarily the deepest human being in the world but Paula had a great quirky wit and obviously Bob is famous for his philanthropic side as he engineered the Live Aid fundraiser back in the 1980s.

The way Peaches acted has done nothing to improve her image in my opinion and she did not really seem bothered about it.

There were many awkward moments where she would disappear or walk out of the room leaving Fearne to give a sigh to the camera and on at least two occasions she actually fell asleep sitting right next to her.

...

• I thought she was rude even though Fearne was quite generous in her opinion of her as at the end she said she admired the way Peaches did not follow social etiquette and did what she wanted, when she wanted.

We see Peaches roll into her job at the offices of an online magazine called Nylon, put on a ghastly denim jumpsuit and then interview a few members of the public about their clothes.

Fearne commented on her excellent presenting skills and said she was good at this, but then poor Peaches had to have a nap, saying how exhausted she

was.

She should try doing a full time job like the rest of us and then talk about being exhausted.

She is only young, still at age 20, so maybe there is time for her to become a little less self-obsessed but at the moment she really does not seem grateful for her lifestyle.

She shows no enthusiasm for the things that most of us would find exciting like photo shoots or staying in plush hotels.

I found Peaches to be like a sulky teenager and I cannot help thinking that Fearne was more disillusioned with her than she admitted.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10411885480530/k2311a114/11.4.09