Quorn Peppered Steaks  » Food  »
  • I recently picked up a box of two peppered steaks on offer at Tesco for only £1.07, reduced from about £2.15 I think
  • I had them with some of my favorite comfort food, mashed potato with plenty of real butter on, and peas and I really enjoyed the whole meal

• by jeanne71

I have been a vegetarian for many years now and although I do not miss meat in the slightest and I do not even see it as food anymore but ‘dead bodies’, I do sometimes lack the imagination to know how to put a well balanced vegetarian meal together. It seems to be easier making meals if you eat meat as you just buy your meat and two veg and some gravy or something and you are away! Thank goodness that Quorn have brought

out so many vegetarians products that mimic real meat as much as possible, that provide all the vitamins and nutrients contained naturally in meat and yet Quorn products are actually better for you as they are low in fat.

Think of all those drugs that are pumped into cows to make them nice and fat for us to eat! Even meat eaters get disgusted if they think about it for long enough.

There is none of that in these Peppered Steaks from Quorn.

I ...

• recently picked up a box of two peppered steaks on offer at Tesco for only £1.

07, reduced from about £2.

15 I think.

They look pretty much like real beef steaks although slimmer and they have a topping on them for a bit of extra taste with red and green peppers and black peppercorns to give the peppery taste.

They take only 15 minutes in the oven although they can be grilled or cooked in the microwave.

They are slightly crisper on the outside

and quite tender on the inside.

I had them with some of my favorite comfort food, mashed potato with plenty of real butter on, and peas and I really enjoyed the whole meal.

I can remember when I used to eat meat and I did used to like my steak really tough and chewy and these Quorn steaks cannot live up to that chewiness, but they are really very tasty and the peppery taste really comes through.

I will definitely buy these again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27411885470530/k2311a114/11.4.09