Tesco Meat Free Bacon Style Rashers  » Food  »
  • You get about 12 rashers in a 150g box and they cost about £1.79
  • They sizzle up just like real bacon and I love the smell and it gets me salivating for them
  • I think these are absolutely delicious and I will do myself an occasional fry up (which vegetarians often miss) with tomato, egg, fried bread and these tasty rashers and it is lovely, but my favorite way of eating them is with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato between French bread
  • Delicious – and no animals were harmed in the process

• by jeanne71

Tesco’s own brand of meat free, bacon-style rashers are a bit cheaper than the Quorn brand of meat free rashers I have previously reviewed and they may even be a bit tastier. You get about 12 rashers in a 150g box and they cost about £1.

79.

These are an unnatural oblong shape but they have made the effort to make them look authentic by being colored pink with a pale bit

to emulate a bit of fat.

I shallow fry these in oil and it only takes about a minute each side and they smell really authentically of bacon.

They sizzle up just like real bacon and I love the smell and it gets me salivating for them.

I think these are absolutely delicious and I will do myself an occasional fry up (which vegetarians often miss) with tomato, egg, fried ...

• bread and these tasty rashers and it is lovely, but my favorite way of eating them is with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato between French bread.

I have had this for both lunch and dinner today and it is one of my favorite meals.

I do prefer this brand to the Quorn which is perfectly nice as a BLT as described above but does not quite work as a fry-up as the rashers are

not that nice when eaten without lots of sauce etc.

This Tesco brand are made from soya and wheat protein so that is the difference.

Apart from being nutritious and providing the protein that vegetarians need to get in their diet, these rashers are quite low calorie at only 44 calories for one serving of two rashers which is nothing at all.

Delicious – and no animals were harmed in the process!

Jay says :

I love Bacon, Tesco s sounds like a good place to get there Bacon Rashers ive paid lots of money for bacon and i would love to pay more and try someone this bacon. Any were that has bacon has ME

Harriet says :

Bacon in Eastern Europe is a no deal. I have tried everywhere and end up filling up my suitcase from England with it. Maybe Tescos should have an international store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27411885350530/k2311a114/11.4.09