Cadbury’s Wispa Gold Chocolate Bar
  • I thought the Wispa Gold was new but apparently it is back by popular demand after being introduced as a limited edition Wispa some time ago
  • This is basically a Wispa bar with a layer of caramel just underneath the top layer of chocolate and can be differentiated by a distinctive red and gold wrapper and they cost about 60p each
  • But the Wispa Gold is a close second and I think I prefer it to the original Wispa
  • I keep my Wispa Gold (if I have the will power not to eat it straight away) in the fridge as I prefer the caramel to be quite tough and the chocolate to be cold and then they taste so good after a quick dunk in a hot coffee

• by jeanne71

I thought the Wispa Gold was new but apparently it is back by popular demand after being introduced as a limited edition Wispa some time ago. This is basically a Wispa bar with a layer of caramel just underneath the top layer of chocolate and can be differentiated by a distinctive red and gold wrapper and they cost about 60p each.

Wispa bars are

lovely anyway, with Cadbury’s chocolate whipped into tiny bubbles and the chocolate just melts in the mouth.

I can remember when they were first introduced but I could not believe that it was as long ago as the early eighties.

The caramel works very well together with that lovely Wispa chocolate.

The caramel is tough and thick so it does not dribble down your ...

• chin when you take a bite, but it works well and is not sickly unless you have more than one.

My all time favorite Wispa is the mint one but I have not had that for years and it may have been discontinued.

But the Wispa Gold is a close second and I think I prefer it to the original Wispa.

There is

nothing else really like this on the market at the moment.

I keep my Wispa Gold (if I have the will power not to eat it straight away) in the fridge as I prefer the caramel to be quite tough and the chocolate to be cold and then they taste so good after a quick dunk in a hot coffee.

There’s a tip for you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27411885090530/k2311a114/11.4.09