Global Leathers in NYC
253 W 35th St, NYC
  • They gladly cut swatches, give you a price, or just give their opinion

• by barbiegirl318

I am a student at Fashion Institute of Technology here in NYC. As such, I often have to go to places looking for fabrics or leathers and whatnot.

Many people in the industry do not like dealing with students and won’t hide that fact.

Are we not the faces of the future?? I started to dread the days I knew I had to

go shopping for materials.

Unless I’m going to Global Leathers.

I love that place!! Everyone is friendly, they all greet you at some point during your visit.

You are left alone to peruse through the many hides that they have, but someone is always close by and eager to help.

They gladly cut swatches, give you a price, or just give their opinion.

...

• They have a student section that has tons of hides to choose from, and bins of scrap.

But I can buy anything in the store I want.

The student section is just less expensive and they sell by the square foot instead of square yard.

The employees always remember me and let me know when they have good deals, and they give you

nice big bags to carry your purchases home in.

I always end up wanting way more than what I can afford in there.

The employees say goodbye when you leave and want you to come back soon.

Usually shopping in NYC wears me out, but just walking into Global Leathers puts a smile on my face that stays with me until well after I am home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24411885060530/k2311a114/11.4.09