Lunesta  » Medicine  »
  • I also noticed that the medication seemed to upset my stomach
  • I know it works for some people, nut not for me

• by mariekay

I have tried several different medications to treat my insomnia, from over-the-counter products, to prescriptions, and even home remedies.

A while back, my doctor suggested I try Lunesta. I had high hopes for this product since I had heard good things about it. I had also seen all the commercials on TV talking about how effective it was.

So, the first night, I took the medication exactly as my

doctor told me to. I didn’t notice that I felt any more tired than usual. I also noticed that the medication seemed to upset my stomach. I got up and ate a small snack and my stomach ache went away.

I didn’t sleep any better that night. I noticed nothing different about me sleep pattern, I just tossed and turned and woke up several times during ...

• the night as I always had. The medication didn’t even make me drowsy.

I called my docotr the next day and he suggested that I try a double dose. So I tried that the next night. I did fall asleep, but once I was asleep I had vivid nightmares all night long. I would wake up in a cold sweat, and was scared to go back

to sleep.

I discontinued the medication since I wouldn’t want to risk experiencing night terrors like that again. My doctor said that is one of the possible side-effects of Lunesta.

So, this is yet another medication that didn’t work for me. I would not recomend this product. If you take it, read the warning label for possible adverse effects. I know it works for some people, nut not for me.

Lunesta

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26311884721230/k2311a113/11.3.09