Aleve Pain Medication  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I read the label again, and noticed that it said I could take 2 tablets for my first dose, so the next day I tried that
  • I would recommend Aleve for minor muscle aches, but not severe back pain
  • Also, remember to take it with food or milk to avoid stomach upset

• by mariekay

I have had back pain for over 15 years, and I am always searching for a product that will take some of the pain away so I can function throughout my day.

I am not a big fan of prescription pain medication because I am afraid that I could become addicted to them, so I usually opt for the over-the-counter pills instead. Usually I take Ibuprofen, 800

mg at a time. This gives me a very small amount of relief.

Recently I saw a commercial on TV for Aleve, claiming to keep pain at bay for the entire day. I thought I would give it a try. I purchased a bottle and took one pill, as directed on the label. After about 30 minutes I didn’t notice any relief in my ...

• back pain.

I read the label again, and noticed that it said I could take 2 tablets for my first dose, so the next day I tried that. Even after taking 2 pills, I didn’t notice a significant reduction in my back pain.

One thing I did notice, is that the Aleve upsets my stomach some, especially when taken without food. Also, although it was not

effective on my back pain, I have taken it for achy muscles after exercising, and it does seem to work for that.

So, I will continue to take Ibuprofen for my back pain until I can find something more effective. I would recommend Aleve for minor muscle aches, but not severe back pain. Also, remember to take it with food or milk to avoid stomach upset.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26311884671230/k2311a113/11.3.09