IPod Shuffle 2G 4th generation  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • What I like about the new model is how tiny it is and how much storage it has for the price
  • This is not a problem for me, but my husband cannot change songs when he works out because of the amount of sweat he creates
  • I recommend this product if you do not plan on working out with it or are not a big sweater

• by duckfan

We bought the ipod shuffle 2g 4th generation shuffle two months ago when it was on sale. We had been using the 1st generation shuffle until that. Our last shuffle lasted only about 5 or 6 years and was twice the price at a quarter of the storage.

What I like about the new model is how tiny it is and how much storage it has for the price. We paid around $50 for ours at a large electronics store and it more than holds our whole library of music. I also like the new headphones. The older models had covers on the earpieces which would fall off all of the time or break and were a real trial when trying to work out. The new model does not have any covers but work

just as well.

We use our ipod almost exclusively for working out. The older models had a lanyard cord which would get very dirty from sweat. This model does not have a cord, only a tiny clip to clip on to your clothing. I actually miss the lanyard option and wish this one had an option to plug one it. It can be very tough on some outfits to find a place to clip this unit if you are a runner like we are.

As far as the music playing the sound is great. It holds a charge a long time. It is very easy to operate but I do not like the computer voice which tells you which song you are listening to.

The operation of this model is ...

• where most of the problems lie. Unlike old models it has the controls up high on the headphone cords instead of on the unit. With the older units is was hard to sweat on the controls, but if you are a big sweater you get the controls wet. This is not a problem for me, but my husband cannot change songs when he works out because of the amount of sweat he creates. He can only let the songs play as they want because if he touches the remote part he gets skipping.

On the whole I have to give this product a mixed review. It gets a 10 for size and storage for the price. It gets a 10 for sound quality and looks, but it gets a 2 for the controls and

the ease of use. I recommend this product if you do not plan on working out with it or are not a big sweater. When we walk with this it is very easy to use. If you are a walker this will be a great unit to own. If you run and like to change songs you need to buy a different model because you cannot do that if you sweat.

The pros of this unit: it can hold 2g or 500 songs.

has a built in clip.

It is very tiny, only 1.8 x 0.7x.03.

comes in cute colors as well as the normal silver.

you can make the computer voice over speak 20 languages.

The cons: the controls on the headphone are difficult to use while working out.

the controls are not waterproof and you cannot touch them while sweating.

the earphones do not fit well into or stay in your ears.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16311884591230/k2311a113/11.3.09