Philips AJ3231 Mirror finish clock radio  » Electronics  »
  • You cannot adjust the buzzers noise level but that is not a problem for us as we do want it to wake us up
  • You do get a cord with this that you can plug your mp3 into, but I don't like the cord

• by duckfan

I must say I was very surprised when we went to buy a new alarm clock. The last few alarm clocks I owned were all the same, just a small black rectangle that did not match any decor. When I saw the new Philips Mirror Finish Clock Radio I was so happy, finally an alarm clock that did not stick out like a sore thumb. We have a very modern bedroom and our old alarm looked just awful on our nightstand. If I had known this alarm existed I would have bought it even before our old one stopped working. At $25 this

alarm is affordable enough that you could buy it just to fit in with your decor.

On the whole this is a great alarm clock for the money. It is just an alarm clock. If you want a radio to listen to music on you will need to spend more money. I tend to listen to the radio in the bedroom while cleaning and have always used my alarm clock for this. I have never found a model under $50 that will get good reception. This one is not different. It gets fuzzy and you need to readjust it. Its primary function is not as a radio, but as an alarm. As an alarm it works well. The buzzer is loud. One buzzer is louder than the other and we use that one. You cannot adjust the buzzers noise level but that is not a problem for us as we do want it to wake us up.

One problem I have had with this product is when we tried to use it with our ipod. You do get a cord with this that you can plug your mp3 into, but I don’t like the cord. Our mp3 player sounds ...

• Philips AJ3231 Mirror finish clock radio
      fine on this and works very well, but the cord fit is a little off and we chose not to use our mp3 with it.

I love the way this looks overall. It works as well as any other alarm clock I have owned. The fact that the buttons are harder to use than some alarm clocks bothers me is not enough to make me get rid of this alarm. I would rather have an alarm that looks good than have one that has a giant button to hit for snooze. I give this alarm a strong recommendation. If you need an

alarm and want a modern look this it. The price is right and it looks so much better than other products.

The pros of this alarm clock: It features both a buzzer and a radio option.

Features dual alarm times both with repeat.

It can receive either AM or FM It has a battery option for backup you can plug in an mp3 to wake up to your ipod if you want.

Led display in soft tone instead of glaring red.

Cons: setting alarm and time takes forever. It does not have a fast advance button.

Setting the alarms is tougher than with a single alarm.

Snooze button is tiny, not a large bar across top like other models.

Reception on radio is iffy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16311884581230/k2311a113/11.3.09