Acer 10.1 Aspire One Netbook  » Laptops  »
  • I wasn’t disappointed either, and still love the look of it and the Acer Aspire netbook’s portability and of course the price
  • The Acer Aspire netbook comes with 1 gigabyte of ram which I found adequate for entertainment purposes, but a little lacking for multi-tasking
  • For viewing movies though, I have had no problem with it
  • I have been very happy with my Acer Aspire One Netbook, and I believe others would be as well

• by Lisa Cox

I admit my initial attraction the Acer Aspire One Netbook was that in came in just my color, the extreme lightweight of the product and the fact it is one of the least expensive laptops I have found at just a little more than $300. I wasn’t disappointed either, and still love the look of it and the Acer Aspire netbook’s portability and of course the price. I purchased mine at Walmart in San Angelo Texas as a gift for myself and visualized carrying this ultra light and fun little netbook out to my garden.

I do just that on a daily basis. I did however, have a few negative impressions

of the Acer Aspire One Netbook initially.

In my excitement at finding such a cool looking notebook with wifi, and at such a bargain price, I overlooked a few things I might normally have checked first. Though CD or DVD drives are almost standard these days the Acer 10.

1 Aspire notebook doesn’t come with with a DVD or CD drive, so I use an external drive for this when I need one. The Acer Aspire netbook comes with 1 gigabyte of ram which I found adequate for entertainment purposes, but a little lacking for multi-tasking.

I have since upgraded. The onboard graphics card seems inadequate for certain games I have tried on ...

• it.

On the other hand, I am rarely happy with onboard graphics cards. For viewing movies though, I have had no problem with it.

On the good side it has a 160 GB hard drive, which is pretty good for a laptop for leisure activities. I also added an external hard drive to one USB port to save movies on, but I download a lot of movies too.

I will warn you now, if you expect a powerful pc in a laptop for around $300, then this won’t be it. What an Acer Aspire One Netbook will do well, is play movies, download music, create documents and about any other computing task

you want, just don’t ask it to do two or more things at the same time with only the basic memory installed.

I have had no problems at all with the wireless included in the netbook and frequently take it to a park near our local library to enjoy the internet hotspot and the outdoors. I have been very happy with my Acer Aspire One Netbook, and I believe others would be as well.

Most people who see mine really think it is sleek and cool looking. It will do the job and more if you do not expect a lot of memory for the very low price or much in the way of extras.

Miha Jurecic says :

Acer Aspire One is a good laptop, if you searching a laptop for a work from home jobs, otherwise, if you looking it for other stuff, better buy some other laptop since this laptop had very low space. And as more you are useing it, more slow become and when you type a lot usually type keys fall off….specially it happends if you ofter type number 3.
    I’m very disapointed on this laptop

quick note by anonymous :

Fantastic laptop, it has been working as wanted. I will recommend it for other customers to purchase.

quick note by anonymous :

It is a good product but the problem is that it might not multitask as might be wanted by the buyer. But all the same it is a good product to buy.

quick note by anonymous :

This item is good only for downloading music and movies but in other aspects of functions it is lacking behind.

quick note by anonymous :

It is good for leisure activities as I have experienced in the few days of my ownership.

quick note by anonymous :

There is no problem to think about in possession of this item. It is working fine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63311884481230/k2311a113/11.3.09