Komaza Shea Butter Hair Lotion
  • Either way, I really love the way the Shea Butter Lotion makes my hair feel
  • It also contains hair-loving herbal extracts like rosemary and nettles, along with Vitamin B5, so I feel good leaving this moisturizer in my hair, because I know it's nourishing my hair from the inside

• by Motts

Komaza Shea Butter Lotion is a lightweight moisturizer for curly, kinky, or afro-textured hair. The Komaza brand is committed to using all-natural ingredients to improve the health of the hair from the inside out, and the Shea Butter Lotion is an essential moisturizing product for women (or men) who are trying to grow out their hair and maintain a healthy texture.

This moisturizer has an incredibly silky texture, and glides smoothly onto the hair. The consistency is thick, almost like a cream, but it spreads easily like a lotion once it’s in the hair. This winning combination of rich texture and lightweight feel means that I can use this product during both the summer and winter months. In this regard, I’ve found that the Shea Butter Hair Lotion is much more versatile than

many of my other hair moisturizers, so it helps to streamline my routine. Keeping my hair well hydrated has proven to be the single most important thing I can do in keeping my hair in good condition, and the Shea Butter Lotion has helped me tremendously in this regard.

The Shea Butter Hair Lotion works especially well in conjunction with other Komaza products. I chose to purchase two of Komaza’s sample sets (the Califia and the Coconut Curl sets); these sets are reasonably priced, and have given me greater success with using the Komaza products. If I’m wearing my hair out (not in a protective style), I usually like to use the Califia moisturizing spray, then the Shea Butter Lotion and the Coconut Curl Lotion–this combination gives me lasting moisture that remains in ...

• my hair through the next day–no need to shampoo until the third day. After shampooing or conditioner washing my hair, I use the Califia leave-in, then the Shea Butter Lotion, and I might seal with a light oil. Either way, I really love the way the Shea Butter Lotion makes my hair feel…it absorbs into my strands with just the right amount of hydration, without ever feeling heavy or sticky.

In terms of ingredients, this is one of the better hair products that I’ve found. It contains a mild cationic conditioning agent, so I feel that it’s a better choice for my hair than the natural moisturizers that contain only emulsified butters and oils. Pure aloe vera is an ingredient that my hair loves, and it’s in the Shea Butter Hair Lotion to provide

slip, making the product a great choice for detangling. It also contains hair-loving herbal extracts like rosemary and nettles, along with Vitamin B5, so I feel good leaving this moisturizer in my hair, because I know it’s nourishing my hair from the inside.

And the scent of this hair lotion drives me wild! It has a rich, sweet, creamy smell, kind of like a posh dessert. The scent isn’t overwhelming, so it doesn’t drown out my perfume–it’s just a light fragrance that can only be smelled by someone who is standing close to me. I’m really particular about fragrance, and it’s been hard for me to find hair products that work well AND smell good. Komaza gets the balance just right, and the Shea Butter Hair Lotion is now a staple in my regimen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31211883960330/k2311a112/11.2.09