Rowenta Ultra Steam 800-watt hand held steamer
  • After burning myself almost every time I used my old steamer, I decided even though I rarely use my steamer, it would be worth my while to buy a more expensive model and not burn myself
  • I bought the Rowenta steamer because it was on sale for $30
  • I believe it usually retails for closer to $50
  • What I like about this model is that it has a pump steam like my iron to give bursts of steam
  • On the whole and for a travel steamer I do recommend this as its pros far outweigh its cons

• by duckfan

I rarely use a steamer. My needs are for removing wrinkles, typically on vacation. I do not need sharp creases just a good wrinkle remover. Before we bought this one I had a very cheap and tiny model that I used for over 10 years.

After burning myself almost every time I used my old steamer, I decided even though I rarely use my steamer, it would be worth my while to buy a more expensive model and not burn myself. I bought the Rowenta steamer because it was on sale for $30. I believe it usually retails for closer to $50.

I knew nothing of the Rowenta brand but this was a nice sized model and looked

like a good simple machine. Since I use my steamer primarily while on vacation the size is very important. This model does not weigh very much and s only 11 x 19 x 4 and fits very well in carry on luggage.

What I like about this model is that it has a pump steam like my iron to give bursts of steam. You can hold it at any angle which is not true of other models, I really need this because I always burn myself with steamer that do not have this. The tank removes, making it much easier to fill particularly if you are dealing with a tiny hotel sink.

There is a handle on it ...

• to hang it up which I only use in hotels, but it is very helpful there. This steamer does not sputter like my old steamer and gives a more constant stream of steam than with other models. What I do not like is the size of the tank and the price.

Over a normal steaming session I have to refill the tank more than I like. I think at full price this may also be overpriced for what it does. It is well constructed and seems as though it will hold up so the price for the steamer at $50 may be worth it if used several times a year for several years.

If you need a steamer

for at home and steam items often you will need one with a larger tank and one that can steam faster. I use most of a tank on a single sweater, but it does heat up very quickly, much faster than my iron so refilling it is not terribly difficult and when only doing a couple of items it is not difficult, but if you were doing a load of laundry at home it would drive you insane. On the whole and for a travel steamer I do recommend this as its pros far outweigh its cons.

It gets very hot and does a good job of directing the steam where it needs to be. It has a lot of power for such a small device.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16211883260230/k2311a112/11.2.09