Almay Smart Shade Make-up
  • I bought it because of the Almay name yet I cannot rely on it for my coverage needs, so I will not buy it again

• by Andrea M. Gilson

Almay Smart Shade Make-up advertises that it will match the tone of your skin automatically. There are shades to choose from, but faces are so different, it claims to transform to each particular tone.

When using Almay Smart Shade Make-up, I have been satisfied with the matching of the make-up.

I have not been pleased with the coverage however.

It does not cover imperfections well.

I suppose it would be great for women with flawless skin, but most of us do not fit that description.

It costs less than $10 for a one ounce squeeze tube.

I bought it because of ...

• the Almay name yet I cannot rely on it for my coverage needs, so I will not buy it again.

If you decide to try it, be warned that when first applying it to your face, it takes on a dark streaky appearance.

It gradually does blend in to your skin.

It

comes with SPF protection.

It may be best for use during exercise.

It will give you a natural look which is good for those times at the gym.

If you are going to the office, or out for the evening; though, you will want a product that covers ruddiness and blemishes more effectively.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31211882820130/k2311a112/11.2.09