Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps
1.0
  • I found a product that caught my eye, Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps
  • In my opinion, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails is a waste of money and does not live up to what it claims

• by mariekay

On a recent shopping trip, I was searching for a nail hardener to help with my brittle, flimsy nails. I found a product that caught my eye, Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. This nail enamel claims to make you nails as strong as they are with nail wraps.

I have had nail wraps, and they really do make your nails hard and thick. So, if a nail enamel claimed to deliver the same results, I was willing to

pay the nearly $6 for a bottle.

I applied the nail enamel on bare nails. I applied one coat and let it dry. I didn’t notice any difference in my nails except that the product made them shiny. So, I applied a second coat and let it dry. No impressive results. Finally, I applied a third coat. After I had applied three coats, my nails seemd just as thin and bendable as they always had.

• Very disappointing.

I figured I would try a different approach. So this time I applied 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps on bare nails. Then I applied 2 coats of my normal nail polish, followed by another coat of the Hard as Wraps product.

With all that polish on my nails, I will say they did feel slightly thicker than usual. They also were very shiny for about 2 days. The bad news is that

by the third day with all that polish on, my nails began to chip and peel so bad that I had to start over and redo them.

In my opinion, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails is a waste of money and does not live up to what it claims. I would rather go to the salon and spend the money on real nail wraps that thicken my nails AND allow polish to last for 2 weeks.

I would not recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31211882570130/k2311a112/11.2.09