St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I'm never a fan of strong scents that I believe cause rashes and other irritations on my sensitive skin
  • I felt the tip of my nose and I thought some of my blackheads were removed from the gentle scrubbing
  • This is one of the products I bought on impulse that I definitely don't regret

• by Collette

I bought this facial scrub on a whim. I was browsing the beauty section of the grocery just to buy some time before going somewhere. I reached for this product and read the ingredients. It used all natural ingredients as St. Ives is really well known for. I opened the bottle to smell it. It was mild and immediately made me like it. I’m never a fan of strong scents that I believe cause rashes and other irritations on my sensitive skin. See, I’m prone to pimples and acne.

The texture didn’t look all the pleasant because of the brownish beads

mixed in dirty white cream. The product promised instant smoothing effect in every use. That was rather hard to believe. But then again, St. Ives is a trusted brand in beauty products. And so I thought it was worth a try. I went to pay for it at the counter and tried it as soon as I got home.

True enough, the smoothing effect was instant. I scooped only a fingertip and rubbed it gently on my face. The exfoliating beads were generously spread in the mixture that I only needed a small amount to exfoliate my face. I felt refreshed ...

• after rinsing it off. I felt the tip of my nose and I thought some of my blackheads were removed from the gentle scrubbing. Best of all, the apricot scent was very mild that it didn’t leave any lingering fragrance that I hate.

Exfoliating everyday can cause more harm than good on the skin though. So I use this exfoliating scrub only every other day. I alternately use it with kojic soap and another deep facial wash.

I guess the bottle will last me about four months judging from the fact that I only need to scoop a fingertip for each

use. The bottle is the bigger packaging. I bought so it will last me longer. But if you just want to try the product, you can buy the smaller packaging in tubes. Instead of scooping a finger, you just press the tube down to release the desired amount on your fingertip.

Unlike the other facial scrubs, with St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub, you will not feel any oil or greasy feeling. And with regular use, your skin is sure to be smooth and glowing. This is one of the products I bought on impulse that I definitely don’t regret.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31211882510130/k2311a112/11.2.09