Ovaltine Cookies
  • However, when I did get to try one for the first time, I was very disappointed since it did not have that chocolaty taste I had craved so much
  • In other words, it tasted just as cheap as I bought it for at the time, and I wasn't happy about it
  • The Ovaltine cookies I know comes in a small orange pack, and has about four Ovaltine cookies inside
  • I think the label might have looked different when I was seven years old, and they changed it to the orange one
  • I would recommend these cookies to be eaten as tea biscuits since I am not sure that a lot of people would enjoy them as much dry

• by Redtape

I first heard about Ovaltine Cookies when I was about seven years old and I used to see them advertising on television and on the radio. When I saw them advertising on television they looked like chocolate cookies to me, so I assumed they were chocolate cookies and couldn’t wait to have them. However, when I did get to try one for the first time, I was very disappointed since it did not have that chocolaty taste

I had craved so much. Instead the cookies were hard and crispy but tasted like plain cookies with only cocoa powder added. In other words, it tasted just as cheap as I bought it for at the time, and I wasn’t happy about it. Nevertheless, some of my friends still liked the cookies for some reason. Plus, it was only later when I heard about the Ovaltine drink, which is a bit like hot chocolate, and I ...

• realised that the cookies are actually tea biscuits.

The Ovaltine cookies I know comes in a small orange pack, and has about four Ovaltine cookies inside. I think the label might have looked different when I was seven years old, and they changed it to the orange one; but the cookies always tasted the same to me.

A few years after I first heard about Ovaltine cookies, I assumed we had stopped importing them since I did

not hear them advertise or see them in the supermarkets I visited for a long while. However, just recently when I was at school, I was surprised when I saw them selling in the cafeteria; and since they were very cheap, I decided to buy a pack. The taste never changed.

I would recommend these cookies to be eaten as tea biscuits since I am not sure that a lot of people would enjoy them as much dry.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273010882070231/k2311a1030/10.30.09