Global Destiny Cable  » Business  »
2.0
  • I’m quite disappointed with the channel choices that Global Destiny Cable offers

• by tsimon

I’m quite disappointed with the channel choices that Global Destiny Cable offers. If you’ve previously been a Sky Cable subscriber like myself, prepare for a considerable downgrade. We don’t get the Star Network channels and National Geographic.

There’s also just one HBO channel. To be fair, the basic package does offer a comprehensive list of channels.

There’s

a little bit of everything, from sports to news to documentaries. However, the sad part is that there is no upgrade to speak of.

I would gladly pay extra if they offer an upgrade that includes Star World or the Lifestyle Network. But I’m pretty much stuck with what the cable company can provide.

Is this their ...

• way of keeping the subscription rate very low?

Global Destiny is one of the cheapest cable companies in Manila but I have to put up with limited channel options and rather poor reception. The audio levels tend to be muffled.

And the video reception isn’t quite crisp, especially on LCD. The cable signal isn’t digital so I

don’t expect them to offer anything as high-tech as pay-per-view or even Internet.

As to why I’m putting up with Global Destiny’s services? I simply have no choice. This is the sole provider in our apartment block.

I do hope that as more people move in here, the more pressure there will be to have another cable provider option.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413010881700131/k2311a1030/10.30.09