Texas Instruments Ti-83 Plus  » Education  »
  • The calculator did give ma little trouble when I was trying to learn it, which I think is its one major downfall
  • I love this calculator, it is the best on that I have ever had
  • It really makes tests a breeze, and I like how it keeps track of everything, so you never lose all your work all at once, and then when you are done, you can easily clear it away at the push of a button

• by Joelle

I had to get a calculator for my Algebra class, so I got a Ti-83 plus graphing calculator. For a while, I just used it for basic functions like adding and subtracting, and then we started to use it for things like graphing line graphs and things like that. I did not start to se it for more advanced things ntil I reached Algebra II/Trigonometry when we started to graph functions.

Before, I had thought that the $100 for a calculator was way too expensive, but later on in Algebra, I was glad that I had made the investment. The calculator did give ma little trouble

when I was trying to learn it, which I think is its one major downfall.

It is hard to learn, but once you learn it is easy to do what you need to do. I had a lot of problems trying to graph log functions and then how to determine the x and y values when I was doing some algebra II stuff, and the calculator was being a little difficult.

Some of the things that you have to do in the higher math classes really make it nearly impossible to figure things out on your own, you really have to be taught, step-by-step. I wish ...

• that it came with a manual to help you learn the basic things that it could help you with, or so that you could clarify something that you didn’t understand.

The calculator does all kinds of things, from graphing logarithms and functions, to helping me figure out what the volume of a sphere is. It is a life saver.

You can see all the steps that you have taken so far, and if you make a mistake when you are typing in an equation, you can just go back and fix it without having to start all over. Also, the batteries last for about a year

and a half, maybe more without having to replace them.

I love this calculator, it is the best on that I have ever had. The only thing that I don’t like about this is that I am always pressing the wrong buttons, and that the screen does scratch pretty easily.

But, once you figure out how to use it, it makes your life so much easier. It really makes tests a breeze, and I like how it keeps track of everything, so you never lose all your work all at once, and then when you are done, you can easily clear it away at the push of a button.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 503010881410131/k2311a1030/10.30.09