Absynthe Eau de Parfum by Christian Lacroix
  • But, the recent ethereal television commercial with the model in a floaty yellow/green dress has captivated me and so based on that, the fact that it is called ‘Absynthe’ which makes it sound mysterious, and the fact that the bottle is really beautiful – a rounded teardrop glass in the same yellow/green color with gold embossed – I bought a 50ml bottle from the Avon website for £20
  • I have been trying to find a woody fragrance I like for my collection and this is the nicest I have found so far

• by jeanne71

Absynthe by Christian Lacroix has only just been launched in the United Kingdom by Avon, of all companies. I used to be an Avon representative and although I loved many of their products, I came to the conclusion that their perfumes were rather cheap and – as my mother used to say – like room spray.

that it is called ‘Absynthe’ which makes it sound mysterious, and the fact that the bottle is really beautiful – a rounded teardrop glass in the same yellow/green color with gold embossed – I bought a 50ml bottle from the Avon website for £20.

The Avon website describes it as a blend of ‘sexy florals and rich woods inspired by the magic of absynthe’.

Absynthe is actually marketed as a unisex fragrance and I can see why it would work ...

• for both men and women because although the opening scent that hits you is a fresh floral scent, probably with the freesia dominating, it is a grassy floral which becomes quite musky, in a subtle way, as it dries down.

I am not too good at picking out the individual scents, but the opening green floral becomes sweeter, but not sugary sweet, and this dries down to a soft blend of a woody musk.

This is quite an unusual fragrance

but it makes a nice change from my usual fruity scents and I have been enjoying wearing it.

I would say this was not a scent for a young woman as it has a more sophisticated feel to it, but I do like the fact that it is quite subtle.

I have been trying to find a woody fragrance I like for my collection and this is the nicest I have found so far.

A light, subtle woody fragrance with staying power.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 563010881380131/k2311a1030/10.30.09