Nikon D60 camera  » Cameras  »
  • Fact is I was quite disappointed and despite the popularity of the camera I can't see the big differences between the d40x and it

• by Mircea

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I always thought of the nikon d60 as being way superior to an nikon d40/d40x. Fact is I was quite disappointed and despite the popularity of the camera I can’t see the big differences between the d40x and it.

Before touching one I had the impression that the D60 has an auto-focus motor ( as an improvement to the d40/x ) which it lacks.

Then I started asking myself about the improvements, as the body is the same, having the

same shape and the same buttons.

The first things you notice are these: the D60 has a sensor that shuts down the LCD when you close up to it while the D40 is missing it, and can be quite annoying to have to push a button every time you want to see the lcd screen for the settings, also the D60 has cleaning function for the lens, cleaning them of dust every time you light up the camera, which in ...

• my opinion is good for the lenses but is very annoying when you want to fire up the camera and shoot a picture really quick, but that’s why you can leave it on for a long time as it uses almost no battery in stand-by and is ready to shoot in a few seconds.

When looking deeper you notice that the D60 has a lot more functions in the menu and by this I mean more options in white balance

and manual settings.

I don’t know if the 10 mega-pixels sensor in the D60 is the same as in the D40x but from that point of view the differences aren’t that big.

The photos in perfect conditions appear very similar between them, even between the d60 and the D40, but when you start shooting in changing conditions the D60 makes it clear where the improvements are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 433010881320131/k2311a1030/10.30.09