Recheks Food Pride Baked Chicken  » Food  »
Beaver Dam, WI
  • But, after discovering a chicken dinner would cost me about $30, I ended up leaving (what the heck is with the high prices at that place) and went to Recheks Food Pride instead
  • Overall, I was definitely glad I went here rather than KFC

• by Steve

I wanted to go to KFC last night for dinner and ended up in the lobby of the restaurant. But, after discovering a chicken dinner would cost me about $30, I ended up leaving (what the heck is with the high prices at that place) and went to Recheks Food Pride instead.

I have had their roasted chicken in the past and decided to do

something different this time around and get their baked chicken.

I got 16 pieces and a couple sides for about $5 less than I would have paid for a 12 piece dinner at KFC.

Overall, the chicken wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either.

First, I did like the convenience.

I really didn’t feel like cooking last night and liked the fact everything was already ...

• done, with the exception of the baked beans (it was cheaper to buy a can of those).

Secondly, the chicken was very tender and had quite a bit of meat on it.

I had two pieces and was full.

It normally takes me three or four pieces to feel that way.

However, I wasn’t a huge fan of the seasoning on this chicken.

There was

way too much pepper for me and I would suggest toning that back a little bit the next time around.

It also seemed to be a bit on the greasy side compared to the roasted chicken.

But, that is likely the result of how this chicken was made.

Overall, I was definitely glad I went here rather than KFC; a restaurant you likely will not see me at again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272910881020931/k2311a1029/10.29.09