Sunshine Cleaning movie  » Movies  »
  • As much as I love Indie movies I rarely check them out in theaters
  • Sunshine Cleaning is an interesting and unique movie about family and finding your calling
  • I found Sunshine Cleaning to be a pretty entertaining movie
  • I thought the story moved along fairly well, not too many stalled parts
  • I thought the casts were great and I enjoyed the sister relationship between Amy Adams and Emily Blunt

• by Liberty

As much as I love Indie movies I rarely check them out in theaters. I tend to wait for them to be released on DVD in case it turns out to be really bad. I’ve heard of Sunshine Cleaning from friends and when it first came out on DVD I had no interest in watching this movie. Then one day I was bored and had nothing to watch so I figured why not. It was one of those movies that didn’t get much advertising time and I’m not even sure that it was in theaters. I recognized two of the actresses, both of which I knew were great actresses because I’ve seen their other

works so I figured why not. Sunshine Cleaning is an interesting and unique movie about family and finding your calling. The following are my pros and cons for Sunshine Cleaning.

I’ll start off with the pros first. I found Sunshine Cleaning to be a pretty entertaining movie. It had funny parts, heart felt moments but overall it was kind of a dark but in a humorous real life like kind of a way. The overall story and plot was interesting. I never thought that a home business of cleaning up crime scenes could be funny. I thought the story moved along fairly well, not too many stalled parts. I liked that we got to see ...

• a glimpse into all the main character’s lives, whom are all related by the way. The movie shows how a death in a family have changed and molded each one of these characters and how it has led them to life they now lead. Strangely enough it’s death that ends up becoming their business and helping them get pass the death of someone they cared about, allowing them to move on with their lives to better things. I thought it was a very thought provoking movie, not pretty, and in fact a bit grimy looking but this movie made me think. I thought the casts were great and I enjoyed the sister relationship
        between Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. This was the first movie I’ve seen these two actresses in where they weren’t pretty and dolled up. It shows that these two actresses have range.

My only con with Sunshine Cleaning is the one armed guy. He was nice and all but I didn’t understand his purpose in the movie. He would shoot Amy Adams’ character a longing look but that didn’t seem to lead to anything.

Overall, I thought Sunshine Cleaning was worth watching. If you enjoy dark humor and a movie that makes you think about life and death then you’ll enjoy this. It’s not a big budget movie but I thought it was well worth watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112910880900931/k2311a1029/10.29.09