Austin Carrabba’s Italian Grill  » Restaurants  »
6406 N. I-H 35, Austin, TX 78752
  • I love to eat and I like to try out new restaurants, whether it’s a mom and pop place or a chain establishment
  • I know it’s a chain and have driven by it many times but for some reason I’ve never eaten there until that day
  • So here are my pros and cons based on my dining experience at Carrabba’s Italian Grill in Austin, Texas
  • The prices can leave a dent your wallet but the food is so well prepared and delicious I can over look that
  • This restaurant has great food and service, I would recommend it

• by Liberty
      I love to eat and I like to try out new restaurants, whether it’s a mom and pop place or a chain establishment. I’m a huge fan of all sorts of cuisine but my favorite has always been Italian and Japanese. When my boyfriend’s parents came to Austin for a wedding they wanted to have dinner with us but wanted to stay close to their hotel because they weren’t familiar with the city. We looked around and came across Carrabba’s Italian Grill. I know it’s a chain and have driven by it many times but for some reason I’ve never eaten there until that day. So here are my pros and cons based on my dining experience at Carrabba’s

Italian Grill in Austin, Texas.

I’ll start off with the pros. What I like about Carrabba’s Italian Grill is that it’s a nice restaurant. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the menu and food preparation. I liked that although they were dressed very nicely I didn’t get an uppity feeling to the place. The restaurant had a nice ambiance to it. The menu was pretty big, a lot of items to choose from. The prices can leave a dent your wallet but the food is so well prepared and delicious I can over look that. Plus when I was there they were have a three course meal special for the price of their regular dishes.

• It was such a steal that we couldn’t pass up on it. Our waiter had suggested it to us and we took him up on it. It was a good idea too because it ended up saving us a lot of money. I can’t remember exactly what I ordered all I remember was that it was a meat dish and it was divine.

Other things I liked about Carrabba’s Italian Grill is the lay out of the restaurant. There were a lot of seating and no crowding. I hate going into a place where it’s hard to walk around in because the tables are so close to each other. The portions of the dishes were enough for two, so

we ended up getting two dishes and splitting it. The kitchen staff was nice enough to do the splitting for us before bringing it out.

My only complaint about this place was that it was located in an awkward location. It was hard to get to because there were exits before and after it but nothing that fed off really close to the restaurant. We actually ended up missing the place once and had to make a U-turn.

Overall my dining experience at Carrabba’s Italian Grill was great. Even more so because they didn’t close until about 11:30pm and didn’t rush us when we stayed until almost 1 am. This restaurant has great food and service, I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72910880850931/k2311a1029/10.29.09