Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Mayhem of the music meister!  » TV  »
  • I know they're an item in the comics, but I also know that this version's Canary was crushing on Batman

• by David Finniss

This episode is a gem. If ever there was a doubt in anyone’s mind that this show ruled, this episode eliminated it, all of it.

I mean come on, it’s a lavish superhero musical with a villain voiced by Neil Patrick freakin’ Harris. What more do you need to know?

That isn’t enough? Ok, how’s this? Aquaman dances with Gorilla Grodd and Dinah and Ollie fall in love in true musical fashion.

I know they’re an item

in the comics, but I also know that this version’s Canary was crushing on Batman. Having GA slip in there to make a move was a nice touch, but I figured that was the end of it. If the last minute or so of this episode doesn’t make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, then I question the existence of your soul.

While it was more lyric based, they did throw in a few references ...

• such as the batussi and shark repellant.

I was pretty surprised at the villain’s endgame. Here’s he’s basically taken over the world, and all he wants to do is rob it? He does know that if he has all the money in the world that it will become worthless right? Oh well, I”m nitpicking. This episode was a joy to watch. A lot of the cast and crew really do have great singing

voices. When Batman finally did sing, it sounded nothing like Bader so I have to wonder if it was really him. It would be kind of lame if they got someone else to sing for him. I mean come on, Conroy stepped up to the mic once. If you really want to step out of Conroy’s shadow, you need to as well.

Batmite would sum this episode up as awesomesauce, and you know what? I have to agree.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102910880690831/k2311a1029/10.29.09