Blistex Lip Infusion: Cherry Splash  » Cosmetics  »
  • I prefer the Cherry flavored one because I'm a chronic lippie-eater as I call it, and the formula actually has a slight cherry flavor to it

• by Yueqi

The Blistex Lip Infusion is a blend between a chapstick and a lipgloss. It is a roll-on package, and contains 4 mL of oil. It is a generous package, because my last tube lasted me about 2 years.

The flavors come in normal, and Cherry Splash. I prefer the Cherry flavored one because I’m a chronic “lippie-eater” as I call it, and the formula actually has a

slight cherry flavor to it.

The formula is very oily, because it seeks to replace your lip gloss with something that is, and i quote, a “sunscreen lip protectant”. I personally prefer this as, although my hair does become stuck in it, it keeps my lips moisturized without giving up shine. I find it works moderately well compared to my normal Softlips chapstick, but it gives ...

• shine, while my Softlips does not.

I have to say, at first the product smelled weird, with a sort of chemical tang, but that faded away eventually. Something I would be aware of is that the roller-ball IS metal, so putting it on outside in minus 10 weather will hurt.

Just a note of warning though, but severely chapped lips will start stinging if you put it

on, because of the ingredients inside burning off the first layer of skin. Don’t worry, it’s not a horrible as you think because any chapstick will do the same thing, although it seems to me that this product hurts more than most.

It costs around 4.50 at your local Safeway, and for a company that mainly focuses on medicated lip balms, Blistex’s Lip Infusion does a wonderful job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312910880070731/k2311a1029/10.29.09