Air New Zealand  » Airlines  »
  • I would say that my overall experience with the seat is not good

• by blair waldorf

I tried flying with Air New Zealand when I was in Auckland and I was on my way to Vancouver. The trip was far, imagine the distance where New Zealand is in the map.

The first observation I had is that this airline does not have “online check in”. I have tried this with other airlines and I really had convenience doing it. In places where the the city I am currently in is the hub for that airline, I would opt to do online check in for hassle free travel. I think this should always be an option. When I checked the website of Air New Zealand, they don’t have it. This would afford more alternatives for passengers when traveling. If you can do everything online then the lesser time spent

waiting is wasted. This should be available especially Air New Zealand is a four star airline. Check-in counter was slowly moving. I would not be surprise. As a result there was too much hassle on my part.

I did not like the seat. It was hard, the seat cushion was old, it was slumpy and you can feel that the original cushion was not that big or thick. I would say the seat in general was uncomfortable. My accommodation was premium economy. The largest seat pitch was only 41″, other airlines have 44″ seat pitch. The relaxing feature though in terms of reclining capacity was almost 50% of the seat. This was the only thing that pleased me. Comfort of seats on older aircraft is irritating. It could have been better if airline like Air New Zealand would adopt a new generation comfortable wide-bodied seats for superior pleasure. I would say that my overall experience with the seat is not good.

I admire the in-flight service that I experienced. There were display of dedicated staff that are on hand at all times. I would say the cabin crew of this airline made up with poor accommodation from the seats I experienced. The service I got from the cabin crew can be judge based on three points; enthusiasm, efficiency and speaking ability. Customer service should not just be routinely done. If this is so then you are missing an important aspect of customer service. In terms of enthusiasm, no doubt the staff manifested cordial attitude and friendly charisma. It was very good. In terms of ...

• Air New Zealand
      efficiency, they are well aware of what they are doing. It is important too that flight attendants know the priorities of passengers, the foremost knowledge in giving comfort is best measured when a flight attendant knows what she/he is doing. I would give them a good rating in this part. And lastly, New Zealand is an english-speaking country so no doubt cabin crews are efficient in the english language.

The entertainment system is so antiquated. You know when you’re on board, the main entertainment feature you have is the TV hence whatever feature your TV has on board is greatly appreciated. Air New Zealand only has 8.4″ inch TV, albeit, hi-resolution this is totally unacceptable. Most of the airline I have tried already have 10″ above for coach accommodation. With the rest

of the feature, for me there is nothing to shout about. It is plain and simple TV that’s it.

Food was average, enough to sustain meal time. There was nothing exceptional that was served which I can share as outstanding. In terms of the cuisine, Western cuisine was predominant. The wine selection was just all right nothing to talk about, I would say it was average as I would rate it. I would give kudos nonetheless to the exceptional cleanliness in their utensils. I would say again, this is the consolation I got.

In summary, Air New Zealand is an average airline. I have tried most of the five-star airlines and there is difference in terms of modernity and features of the cabin. The entire set up too of the plane is quite different.

Air New Zealand

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402910879900731/k2311a1029/10.29.09