Singapore Travelling: Singapore Zoo and Night Safari  » Travel  »
80 Mandai Lake Road Singapore
  • You should visit this interesting zoo if you go to Singapore
  • What I like best from this zoo is the fragile forest, or something like that where we enter some kind of butterfly conservation

• by sc4rl3tt

You should visit this interesting zoo if you go to Singapore. Especially if you have your family and little kids with you, this could be a memorable journey. First of all, I would suggest you to buy the admission fee package both for the Zoo and the Night Safari. Though they’re in the same area but they have different entrance and different animal shows.

The Zoo opens in the morning. Make sure you get the map from the front officers so you would not get lost. This is

a really big place. On the map, you can see the animal show’s schedule you shouldn’t miss. Besides of the animal shows there are lots of animal feeding shows you must see, like polar bear, otter and snake feeding.

What I like best from this zoo is the fragile forest, or something like that where we enter some kind of butterfly conservation. You can even touch the butterflies there. Be really careful of what you step here, this is a fragile forest.

Too bad that when I was ...

• there, we can not enter the reptile house. It is like a garden where we can walk into the reservation. We would meet the snakes face to face without cages. The conservation wasn’t open at the day I was coming. Maybe I should try next time.

The Night Safari was really an entertainment. Because I was coming in October, means they have special show, the Halloween Night every Saturday and Sunday. The Halloween Night is like a journey to the out door Haunted House. We can enjoy the

animals in the Halloween theme. Really interesting.

Even you can not bring food to this place, you wouldn’t be starving. There are two KFC restaurants inside and outside the zoo, one restaurant inside the zoo and night safari area, and also a cafe inside the night safari area.

Too bad in such large place, you can not get the free ride. So if you don’t want to get your feet sore, you should pay some more for the tram inside the zoo and the night safari. Worth the money though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382910879700731/k2311a1029/10.29.09