Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
  • I like the way you explore the environment as there is very minimal, if not none, load times
  • For me, this keeps the momentum of the action and it does not get boring
  • This a really cool aspect of the game and I think adds more to the action

• by twiddle

One of the best action games in the PS3. It is an improved version of the Xbox release which took advantage of the power of the PS3.

The graphics is better than the Xbox version as it can be played in HD. Everything about the visuals is really stunning. The character models, the background, the environment, they are all beautiful. I like the way you explore the environment as there is very minimal, if not none, load times. You can freely go around the different areas of each level with no fuss or slowdowns. For me, this keeps the momentum of the action and it does not get boring.

As an action title, the heart of this game is with its battle system. You fight your way through different enemies like ninjas, soldiers and monsters. You have different weapon types in your arsenal and you get to pick them up

as you play through the different levels of the game. One thing I like about the weapons is that each of them plays differently and that you are able to power up most of them. Some of the weapons actually change their appearance after you power them up. I like this concept as I feel that my weapon really became stronger just by its look. Your character has a lot of moves and combos and they change depending on which weapon you are holding. As you power up your weapons, you learn more combos for that weapon. I like this concept as you really do not get any experience points and this is the game’s way of character improvement or character level up. Aside from your main weapon, you also get throwing sub-weapons like the ninja star and a bow and arrow.

You also get a few types of Ninja ...

• magic (Ninpo) that can damage several enemies at once. I actually did not like the animation of the Ninja magics and I like it better when I slice up my enemies so I rarely use them. What is good about all these is that the game let’s you kill enemies in many ways that you want.

Some additional features is that this game has blood and decapitation. Your blade can make the enemies blood splatter and their body parts cut off. This a really cool aspect of the game and I think adds more to the action.

One thing that I did not like about the game is it’s difficulty. The game set in normal mode can be very frustrating. Enemies can easily catch you off guard and deal a lot of damage to your health. Even if you learn to guard enemy attacks, those bastards will grab and stab or grab and

throw you. The boss battles can be a pain if you cannot find the right way to defeat them. There is a technique for each of them and it will need a lot of trial and error to beat them. It can get really annoying at times so a lot of practice and patience is needed.

For the game’s extra content, it is mostly consisting of different types of challenges. I can say that the game itself is pretty solid on its own and the few extras can keep you playing for some more.

Overall, the game is beautifully done. You just have to accept the fact that it is a difficult and challenging game and you should be all set.

In summary, here are some of my notes: - One of the best action games for the PS3.

- Lots of upgradable weapons.

- Different weapon means different combos.

- Very difficult and challenging. Can be frustrating at times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282910879650731/k2311a1029/10.29.09