Emsom Magic Bullet  » Electronics  »
  • I thought it was the be-all end-all of kitchen electronics
  • It's affordable and comes with quite a hefty recipe book that tells you how to make one of just about every kind of dip or sauce or drink you can imagine, including smoothies and coffee drinks (which was the one thing that sealed the deal as far as I was concerned), so I was way eager to try it out, which isn't something I say very often because I avoid the kitchen like it has its own version of the plague
  • It IS fairly easy to clean, you just remove the blades and rinse them under water, but I'm beginning to notice that this thing really does need some deeper cleaning and that's proving difficult because you can't immerse it in water thanks to the electronics part of the contraption, so I've had to sit down with q-tips to try to get deep down in the little crevices, and I think I've gotten it fairly clean despite the fact I can't throw it in the dishwasher, which I'd really like as a feature for this thing

• by Anasuya

I have a hard time sleeping most nights and, sadly have to admit that I have a tendency to watch infomercials. You know the kind, the infomercial guy is yelling at the audience about how great a product is, and everything he says is emphasized with imaginary exclamation points, and you can’t help get excited just watching the demonstrations and you think how great it would be to have that. This especially holds true for kitchen electronics, for me, because I hate to cook and I’m always looking for something that makes my job in the kitchen as easy as absolutely possible, and I’m looking for the product that’s as versatile as possible and can be used for a variety of purposes. When I saw the Magic Bullet informercial, I knew I just HAD to have one (which is always the case with informercials, hence why they are so dangerous and should be outlawed).

With this thing you can make chicken salad for sandwiches (which my huband loves) and all kinds of sauces, like shrimp

coctail sauce, and desserts like chocolate mousse, and all kinds of drinks and dips and you can even grate cheese with it. I thought it was the be-all end-all of kitchen electronics. I even attach the word “electronics” to it, because it’s always seemed more than just an appliance to me. It’s affordable and comes with quite a hefty recipe book that tells you how to make one of just about every kind of dip or sauce or drink you can imagine, including smoothies and coffee drinks (which was the one thing that sealed the deal as far as I was concerned), so I was way eager to try it out, which isn’t something I say very often because I avoid the kitchen like it has its own version of the plague.

I started using it immediately, and found that I can find a reason to use this thing under almost any circumstance. I’ve chopped onions in it, which is fantastic, because I’m one of those compulsive “criers” when it comes to onion cutting. I’ve ...

• grated cheese in it, and since the pre-grated cheese from grocery stores is so expensive, this has also been a joy, especially with my love of parmasean cheese! I’ve used it religiously for about six months now. It IS fairly easy to clean, you just remove the blades and rinse them under water, but I’m beginning to notice that this thing really does need some deeper cleaning and that’s proving difficult because you can’t immerse it in water thanks to the “electronics” part of the contraption, so I’ve had to sit down with q-tips to try to get deep down in the little crevices, and I think I’ve gotten it fairly clean despite the fact I can’t throw it in the dishwasher, which I’d really like as a feature for this thing. But, otherwise, this has been a truly magical staple in my kitchen. I can ground my coffee grounds in it too, which is nice, because that can sometimes tear up grinders in the kitchen. I’m a huge scrambled egg fan, too, so my
        absolute favorite use for this thing, almost daily, is to throw in three eggs, pulse it and whip the egg yokes without all the work of using a fork or wisk, and then add some cheese chunks, and it shreds up the cheese for me with the eggs, and then I just throw it on the pan and it’s ready to go. So much faster than it would normally take me.

Otherwise, I’ve gotten a ton of use out of it, and despite the fact the bi-yearly deep clean is troublesome, it’s really worth every last little penny I spent on it, and it comes with all kinds of different blades too. Takes some getting used to, and getting the “pulse” action down right, but once you do, it’s a breeze and you find yourself going through a series of kitchen cooking projects without a tremendous amount of ease and without the cutting boards and knives and knife sharpeners and all those other kitchen contraptions we all get caught up with. Love it and highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162810879111131/k2311a1028/10.28.09