Tool’s Undertow Album
  • In my opinion this album is very artistic and the music was written for the artist and not the audience
  • I like most of Tool’s albums, but Undertow is one of my favorites

• by Nikki Fox

With so many bands including ones in the developing stage it is difficult to find good original music. Tool’s Undertow proves that originality does exist in the music business. With Adam’s unique guitar style combined with subtle and underlying lyrics this album has become one of my favorites. “Sober” is probably the most popular and definitely my favorite song off this album. The way it starts will have me anticipating of what is to come next. Maynard’s voice is phenomenal,

lyrical with an edgy undertone. The emotions portrayed through the songs can be heard through the depth and tone of his voice.

A common downside that I find with many albums that I buy is that every song sounds similar or end up liking 2-3 songs out of 12 songs. Each song on Undertow is different and unique and yet shares a common ground. This album will keep my interest whether I’m driving, working out, or relaxing at home. For ...

• me this album can fit many of my moods ranging from angry to ambitious to optimistic.

In my opinion this album is very artistic and the music was written for the artist and not the audience. I really enjoy the lyrics because the obvious is not pointed out and left to interpretation. The songs’ true meaning will remain a mystery because every one of us will interpret each one differently.

Undertow is a great album to work out to. Some

of the songs are faster and others simply have a steady beat. “Undertow,” my second favorite song on the album, will change time and key signatures to keep the listener guessing.

I like most of Tool’s albums, but Undertow is one of my favorites. Many will say the songs are too long, but the longer length will allow flexibility to add transitions that make sense. This is on my playlist as well as my MP3 player. I give this album a perfect 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142810879001131/k2311a1028/10.28.09